My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://giri.sh
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

What about Mia?

Well it’s official. Any chances of little Mia's running around have ceased.

Last Monday Mia went under the knife.

I don’t think she quite understood why I wasn’t feeding her or giving her water that morning.

These are the instructions the Vet office gave me prior to her surgery day.

It tugged at my heart to see her confused; somewhat out of her element.

When I picked her up the following day she was a bit groggy with less hair on her belly and approx. 5” of stitches of where her motherhood was stripped away.

The vet assistant gave me the bill and told me that the stitches on Mia would dissolve and there was no need to bring her in.

Cool I thought.

Of course I would need to keep an eye on her to make sure she would not chew or lick the stitches before they dissolved; as this could cause an infection.


So everything seemed great.

I get home and Mia seems happy to climb in her crate for a long nap.


That’s fine. I’ll just read the information sheet the vet gave me with the bill.

Hmmm that’s interesting.

"Bring your animal in approx 2 weeks to have stitches removed."

What?

Didn’t the assistant tell me that they would dissolve?

Did I misunderstand her?

So I call them.

Her response “Oh no, it just says that. They are dissolvable stitches. You don’t have to bring her in.”

"Well why does the sheet say to bring her back in?" I asked.

"Well sir I told you that you didn’t have to bring her in didn’t I?"

"Yes, but the paper says otherwise."

"Yeah but we just give the same paper out to every customer"

I replied, "Yes i understand that its just that its misleading. "


"Yeah but i don't understand, you were told what to do....

Um...so...uh..why is there a problem sir?"

At this point i just gave up. And said, " Alright thanks a lot."

I offered my customer advice in how they should correct the writing and the assistant just kept saying but I told you in person and that’s all that counts.

Ok. I’m just thinking about all those whose memory is not as sharp as mine.

Imagine they looking at the paper a week later and saying “Oh no, I was to bring my pet in to have the stitches removed.”

Show up at the vet’s office and the same assistant saying “Sir/ Mam didn’t I tell you the stitches would resolve?!”

What the hell. This is a simple problem that could easily be resolved with a couple of strokes from a keyboard.

Anyways...

So Mia is healing nicely and so far the stitches are still in tact.

And I’m hoping dissolving!

This last Sunday, Oct. 2, I took her to her first training class.

It is time for my Mia to learn some manners.

I can tell she’s is going to be a quick learner.

Of course she already knows how to sit and shake.

In which she graciously flaunted.

There was another puppy in the class.

The owners claimed it was a Labrador.

Notice I said “claimed.”

So the trainer used Mia as the assistant in his training techniques.


She did everything right.


While the other puppy was barking and showing all the reasons why it needed to be in training!


My Mia just sat there being a good girl!


I was so proud; grinning from ear to ear.


This first class was just basic dos and don’ts.


What collar/leash to use, how to hold your hand with the treats to get your dog to perform a trick, how to keep him/her from jumping.


The class is every Sunday at 3 o’clock for an hour.


I’m certain I will have much more to brag um…excuse me, BLOG about with the training to come.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

... and I thought I was stupid.

I must say that your shenanigans have had me cracking up and rolling on the floor laughing my socks out.

Maybe you need to have one set of office keys attached to the more dependable Mia's leash =D. By the way, when you said she went under the knife, I thought that she was terminated for good :O ! Glad to know that she lost only her motherhood and not her opporunity to watch her owner prove to her that canines have more poise than giri-sapiens.

MP3 player looks cool.

Later !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home